Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Output fixes for --remerge-diff

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 06:21:45 +0000

Philippe Blain found and reported a couple issues with the output of
--remerge-diff[1]. After digging in, I think one of them actually counts as
two separate issues, so here's a series with three patches to fix these
issues. Each includes testcases to keep us from regressing.

Note: The issue fixed by the third commit for --remerge-diff is also an
issue exhibited by 'git log --cc $FILTER_RULES $COMMIT' (or by -c instead of
--cc). However, as far as I can tell the causes are different and come from
separate codepaths; this series focuses on --remerge-diff and hence makes no
attempt to fix independent (even if similar) --cc or -c issues.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Elijah Newren (3):
  diff: have submodule_format logic avoid additional diff headers
  diff: fix filtering of additional headers under --remerge-diff
  diff: fix filtering of merge commits under --remerge-diff

 diff.c                  |  9 +++++++--
 t/t4069-remerge-diff.sh | 30 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6c8e4ee870332d11e4bba84901654b355a9ff016
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1342%2Fnewren%2Fremerge-diff-output-fixes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1342/newren/remerge-diff-output-fixes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1342
-- 
gitgitgadget