Subject: [PATCH 0/2] update internal patch-id to use "stable" algorithm

From: "Jerry Zhang via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 05:58:23 +0000

Internal usage of patch-id in rebase / cherry-pick doesn't persist
patch-ids, so there's no need to specifically invoke the unstable variant.

This allows the unstable logic to be cleaned up.

In the process, fixed a bug in the combination of --stable with binary files
and header-only, and expanded the test to cover both binary and non-binary
files.

Signed-off-by: Jerry Zhang [email-masked]

Jerry Zhang (2):
  patch-id: fix stable patch id for binary / header-only
  patch-id: use stable patch-id for rebases

 builtin/log.c              |  2 +-
 diff.c                     | 44 ++++++++++++++++----------------------
 diff.h                     |  2 +-
 patch-ids.c                | 10 ++++-----
 patch-ids.h                |  2 +-
 t/t3419-rebase-patch-id.sh | 19 ++++++++++------
 6 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

base-commit: e188ec3a735ae52a0d0d3c22f9df6b29fa613b1e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1359%2Fjerry-skydio%2Fjerry%2Frevup%2Fmaster%2Fpatch_ids-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1359/jerry-skydio/jerry/revup/master/patch_ids-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1359
-- 
gitgitgadget