Subject: [PATCH 0/2] merge-tree: batched merges

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 01:28:03 +0000

When a branch is updated, a Git hosting provider may want to check all open
code reviews targetting the given branch to determine if those code reviews
can still merge cleanly into the target branch. Provide a new --stdin option
to git-merge-tree to enable this capability, with each line of input
providing the branches for the next merge.

Note: this still requires all the merges to be in the same repository. There
is some code I noticed a while back in merge-ort that implicitly uses
the_repository (indirectly), and there may be more uses that I am unaware
of.

Elijah Newren (2):
  merge-tree: update documentation for differences in -z output
  merge-tree: support multiple batched merges with --stdin

 Documentation/git-merge-tree.txt | 76 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 builtin/merge-tree.c             | 42 ++++++++++++++++--
 t/t4301-merge-tree-write-tree.sh | 41 +++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 148 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

base-commit: 45c9f05c44b1cb6bd2d6cb95a22cf5e3d21d5b63
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1361%2Fnewren%2Fbatched-merges-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1361/newren/batched-merges-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1361
-- 
gitgitgadget