Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Document fsck msg ids

From: "John Cai via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 15:00:36 +0000

fsck does a number of checks, and prints warning or error messages based on
the type of check. The only place the config values that control whether to
ignore these checks are documented is through git-help(1). However, often
times peoples' first instinct to look for a list of valid config values is
in the documentation page for git-config(1). These fsck. configuration
values can be hard to find.

Document these so that both git-config and git-fsck documentation has a list
of valid s.

Patch [1/2] removes an unused msg-id BAD_TAG_OBJECT Patch [2/2] adds a
fsck-msgids.txt that lists msg-ids that fsck checks for

John Cai (2):
  fsck: remove the unused BAD_TAG_OBJECT
  fsck: document msg-id

 Documentation/config/fsck.txt |   5 ++
 Documentation/fsck-msgids.txt | 133 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 fsck.h                        |   1 -
 3 files changed, 138 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/fsck-msgids.txt

base-commit: 45c9f05c44b1cb6bd2d6cb95a22cf5e3d21d5b63
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1369%2Fjohn-cai%2Fjc%2Fdocument-fsck-msg-id-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1369/john-cai/jc/document-fsck-msg-id-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1369
-- 
gitgitgadget