Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix autocorrect in work tree for bare repository

From: "Simon Gerber via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 15:24:03 +0000

Currently, auto correction doesn't work reliably for commands which must run
in a work tree (e.g. git status) in Git work trees which are created from a
bare repository.

This patch series adds a test case illustrating the issue and proposes a fix
which adjusts the usage of read_early_config() in help_unknown_cmd() to
match other usages of read_early_config(). In particular the patch removes
the call to git_default_config() in the read config callback.

Simon Gerber (2):
  tests: add test case for autocorrect in work tree for bare clone
  help.c: don't call git_default_config in git_unknown_cmd_config

 help.c                               |  2 +-
 t/t9005-help-autocorrect-worktree.sh | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t9005-help-autocorrect-worktree.sh

base-commit: e7e5c6f715b2de7bea0d39c7d2ba887335b40aa0
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1373%2Fsimu%2Ffix%2Fautocorrect-bare-worktree-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1373/simu/fix/autocorrect-bare-worktree-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1373
-- 
gitgitgadget