Subject: [PATCH 0/2] add case insensitivity option to bash completion

From: "Alison Winters via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 17:28:33 +0000

In 3bb16a8bf2 (tag, branch, for-each-ref: add --ignore-case for sorting and
filtering, 2016-12-04), support was added for filtering and sorting refs in
a case insensitive way. This is a behavior that seems appropriate to enable
with shell completion. Many shells provide case insensitive completion as an
option, even on filesystems that remain case sensitive.

This patch adds a new variable that, when set, will allow Bash completion to
use the --ignore-case option to match refs. Additionally, some basic support
is implemented to match pseudorefs like HEAD.

Alison Winters (2):
  completion: add optional ignore-case when matching refs
  completion: add case-insensitive match of pseudorefs

 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 t/t9902-completion.sh                  | 32 ++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3b08839926fcc7cc48cf4c759737c1a71af430c1
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1374%2Falisonatwork%2Fbash-insensitive-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1374/alisonatwork/bash-insensitive-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1374
-- 
gitgitgadget