Subject: [PATCH] bundle-uri: fix technical doc issues

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 15:50:09 +0000

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>

Two documentation issues exist in the technical docs for the bundle URI
feature.

First, there is an extraneous "the" across a linebreak, making the
nonsensical phrase "the bundle the list" which should just be "the
bundle list".

Secondly, the asciidoc update treats the string "`have`s" as starting a
"<code>" block, but the second tick is interpreted as an apostrophe
instead of a closing "</code>" tag. This causes entire sentences to be
formatted as code until the next one comes along. Simply adding a space
here does not work properly as the rendered HTML keeps that space.
Instead, restructure the sentence slightly to avoid using a plural,
allowing the HTML to render correctly.

Reported-by: Philip Oakley <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
---
    bundle-uri: fix technical doc issues
    
    Thanks, Philip, for bringing this to my attention [1]
    
    [1]
    https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
    
    Thanks,
    
     * Stolee

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1377%2Fderrickstolee%2Fbundle-uri-tech-doc-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1377/derrickstolee/bundle-uri-tech-doc-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1377

 Documentation/technical/bundle-uri.txt | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/technical/bundle-uri.txt b/Documentation/technical/bundle-uri.txt
index 18f2dedd400..b78d01d9adf 100644
--- a/Documentation/technical/bundle-uri.txt
+++ b/Documentation/technical/bundle-uri.txt
@@ -153,8 +153,8 @@ bundle.<id>.filter::
 
 bundle.<id>.creationToken::
 	This value is a nonnegative 64-bit integer used for sorting the bundles
-	the list. This is used to download a subset of bundles during a fetch
-	when `bundle.heuristic=creationToken`.
+	list. This is used to download a subset of bundles during a fetch when
+	`bundle.heuristic=creationToken`.
 
 bundle.<id>.location::
 	This string value advertises a real-world location from where the bundle
@@ -234,8 +234,8 @@ will interact with bundle URIs according to the following flow:
    making those OIDs present. When all required OIDs are present, the
    client unbundles that data using a refspec. The default refspec is
    `+refs/heads/*:refs/bundles/*`, but this can be configured. These refs
-   are stored so that later `git fetch` negotiations can communicate the
-   bundled refs as `have`s, reducing the size of the fetch over the Git
+   are stored so that later `git fetch` negotiations can communicate each
+   bundled ref as a `have`, reducing the size of the fetch over the Git
    protocol. To allow pruning refs from this ref namespace, Git may
    introduce a numbered namespace (such as `refs/bundles/<i>/*`) such that
    stale bundle refs can be deleted.

base-commit: 3dcec76d9df911ed8321007b1d197c1a206dc164
-- 
gitgitgadget