Subject: [PATCH 0/3] a few config integer parsing fixes

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 13:45:11 +0000

This series fixes some issues I noticed when reading the integer parsing
code in config.c

 * git_parse_unsigned() does not reject negative values
 * git_parse_[un]signed() accept a units specifier without any digits
 * git_parse_signed() has in integer overflow when parsing MAXINT_MIN

Ideally we'd have a test tool to unit test functions like this, I haven't
found time to write that yet. cc'ing René for patch 3 as he was the last
person to touch that code.

Phillip Wood (3):
  git_parse_unsigned: reject negative values
  config: require at least one digit when parsing numbers
  git_parse_signed(): avoid integer overflow

 config.c | 24 +++++++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 19 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: e85701b4af5b7c2a9f3a1b07858703318dce365d
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1389%2Fphillipwood%2Fconfig-integer-parsing-fixes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1389/phillipwood/config-integer-parsing-fixes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1389
-- 
gitgitgadget