Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] rebase: stop setting GIT_REFLOG_ACTION

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 14:21:56 +0000

This is a follow up to pw/rebase-reflog-fixes that moves away from using
GIT_REFLOG_ACTION internally.

Thanks to Taylor & Ævar for their comments on V1. I've updated the commit
message of patch 1 as suggested by Taylor, the code is unchanged.

Phillip Wood (2):
  sequencer: stop exporting GIT_REFLOG_ACTION
  rebase: stop exporting GIT_REFLOG_ACTION

 builtin/rebase.c | 27 +++++++++++++++------------
 sequencer.c      | 45 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 sequencer.h      |  6 ++++++
 3 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3b08839926fcc7cc48cf4c759737c1a71af430c1
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1405%2Fphillipwood%2Fmore-rebase-reflog-fixes-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1405/phillipwood/more-rebase-reflog-fixes-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1405

Range-diff vs v1:

 1:  e9c3f5ac5c6 ! 1:  655b4e89f59 sequencer: stop exporting GIT_REFLOG_ACTION
     @@ Commit message
          pass the reflog action around in a variable and use it to set
          GIT_REFLOG_ACTION in the child environment when running "git commit".
      
     +    Within the sequencer GIT_REFLOG_ACTION is no longer set and is only read
     +    by sequencer_reflog_action(). It is still set by rebase before calling
     +    the sequencer, that will be addressed in the next commit. cherry-pick
     +    and revert are unaffected as they do not set GIT_REFLOG_ACTION before
     +    calling the sequencer.
     +
          Signed-off-by: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
      
       ## sequencer.c ##
 2:  d3747bcc8d1 = 2:  31df037eafe rebase: stop exporting GIT_REFLOG_ACTION

-- 
gitgitgadget