Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Avoid using deprecated features in Git's GitHub workflows

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 14:34:36 +0000

We are using a couple of GitHub Actions features that have been deprecated
since we started using them. One of these features is addressed in Oscar's
contribution over at
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/,
on which this here patch series is based.

I waited for quite a while with submitting this because I did not want to
interfere with patch series that are in flight, but it seems that this was
unwise, as there is now a patch floating about (ab/ci-retire-set-output)
that partially fulfills this here patch series' purpose. However, these
patches are more complete, so I proposed to supersede that patch with this
more comprehensive solution.

This patch series is based on od/ci-use-checkout-v3-when-applicable.

Johannes Schindelin (4):
  ci: use a newer `github-script` version
  ci: avoid deprecated `set-output` workflow command
  ci: avoid using deprecated {up,down}load-artifacts Action
  ci(l10n): avoid using the deprecated `set-output` workflow command

 .github/workflows/l10n.yml |  4 ++--
 .github/workflows/main.yml | 30 ++++++++++++++++++------------
 2 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6cf4d908a92296654f891d440fe09d9fd34b2272
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1440%2Fdscho%2Fci-set-output-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1440/dscho/ci-set-output-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1440
-- 
gitgitgadget