Subject: [PATCH 0/3] blame: allow blame.coloring to specify both --color-lines and --color-by-age

From: "Robert Estelle via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 19:16:43 +0000

The flags --color-lines and --color-by-age are not mutually exclusive, and
both affect the output format of git blame. This adds a test verifying git
blame's output when run with both, where previously they were only tested
independently.

blame is then taught to accept multiple values from blame.coloring, so that
both modes can be set by configuration. Previously, the config only
permitted one (repeatedLines) or the other (highlightRecent), despite the
command line accepting both flags independently. This is a
backwards-compatible change that does not alter the interpretation of
existing configuration.

The list-parsing logic was derived from that of parse_color_moved_ws in
diff.c.

Robert Estelle (3):
  blame: add test for --color-lines + --color-by-age
  blame: document --color-{lines,by-age} config
  blame: support multiple values in blame.coloring

 Documentation/blame-options.txt |  4 ++
 Documentation/config/blame.txt  |  1 +
 builtin/blame.c                 | 47 ++++++++++++++++------
 t/t8012-blame-colors.sh         | 71 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2fc9e9ca3c7505bc60069f11e7ef09b1aeeee473
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1449%2Frwe%2Fblame-color-config-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1449/rwe/blame-color-config-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1449
-- 
gitgitgadget