Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Allow scalar to succeed despite maintenance failures

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 20:06:00 +0000

At $DAYJOB we received a report of issues with scalar clone and scalar
register in a protected environment. Specifically, they couldn't run crontab
or systemctl, which causes git maintenance start to fail. That failure was
percolating through scalar clone and scalar register, even though the rest
of their repository was properly set up.

Convert these hard failures into soft warnings.

This change could probably be done in a single commit, but I wanted to
demonstrate the existing behavior before changing it. The first patch was
also a related necessary step that will be helpful for future scalar tests.

Thanks,

 * Stolee

Derrick Stolee (3):
  t: allow 'scalar' in test_must_fail
  t921*: test scalar behavior starting maintenance
  scalar: only warn when background maintenance fails

 scalar.c                | 2 +-
 t/t9210-scalar.sh       | 7 +++++++
 t/t9211-scalar-clone.sh | 6 ++++++
 t/test-lib-functions.sh | 2 +-
 4 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5cc9858f1b470844dea5c5d3e936af183fdf2c68
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1473%2Fderrickstolee%2Fscalar-register-warn-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1473/derrickstolee/scalar-register-warn-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1473
-- 
gitgitgadget