Subject: [PATCH] p2000: remove stray '--sparse' flag from test

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:09:22 +0000

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>

This argument was added in 7cae7627c45 (builtin/grep.c: integrate with
sparse index, 2022-09-22), but it was a carry-over from an earlier
version where the --sparse flag was added to the 'git grep' builtin.
This argument does not exist, so currently the
p2000-sparse-operations.sh performance test script fails when reaching
this step.

With this fix, the script works with these numbers for my copy of the
Git source code repository:

Test                                         HEAD
------------------------------------------------------------
2000.30: git grep --cached ... (full-v3)     0.34(1.20+0.14)
2000.31: git grep --cached ... (full-v4)     0.31(1.15+0.13)
2000.32: git grep --cached ... (sparse-v3)   0.26(1.13+0.12)
2000.33: git grep --cached ... (sparse-v4)   0.27(1.13+0.12)

Signed-off-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
---
    p2000: remove stray '--sparse' flag from test
    
    I noticed this while testing Raghul's patch [1].
    
    [1]
    https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1505%2Fderrickstolee%2Fp2000-fix-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1505/derrickstolee/p2000-fix-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1505

 t/perf/p2000-sparse-operations.sh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/t/perf/p2000-sparse-operations.sh b/t/perf/p2000-sparse-operations.sh
index 3242cfe91a0..e4a132f5934 100755
--- a/t/perf/p2000-sparse-operations.sh
+++ b/t/perf/p2000-sparse-operations.sh
@@ -124,6 +124,6 @@ test_perf_on_all git read-tree -mu HEAD
 test_perf_on_all git checkout-index -f --all
 test_perf_on_all git update-index --add --remove $SPARSE_CONE/a
 test_perf_on_all "git rm -f $SPARSE_CONE/a && git checkout HEAD -- $SPARSE_CONE/a"
-test_perf_on_all git grep --cached --sparse bogus -- "f2/f1/f1/*"
+test_perf_on_all git grep --cached bogus -- "f2/f1/f1/*"
 
 test_done

base-commit: 27d43aaaf50ef0ae014b88bba294f93658016a2e
-- 
gitgitgadget