Subject: [PATCH] MyFirstContribution: render literal *

From: "Linus Arver via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2023 02:28:29 +0000

From: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>

The HTML version of MyFirstContribution [1] does not render the
asterisks (*) meant to be typed in as glob patterns by the user, because
they are being interpreted as bold text delimiters.

[1]: Search for "pattern" in
https://git-scm.com/docs/MyFirstContribution#v2-git-send-email

Signed-off-by: Linus Arver <[email-masked]>
---
    MyFirstContribution: render literal *
    
    Hello! I'm Linus Arver from Google. I'll be contributing toward the
    libification efforts in the near future. Meanwhile, I noticed a
    formatting error in the HTML output of the MyFirstContribution doc
    (hence this patch).
    
    I am also the author of this old patch series from 2014
    [https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/]
    and am happy to return to hacking on Git. :)

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1510%2Flistx%2Ffix-doc-formatting-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1510/listx/fix-doc-formatting-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1510

 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
index ccfd0cb5f3e..9c64bf58757 100644
--- a/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
+++ b/Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt
@@ -1164,7 +1164,7 @@ After you run this command, `format-patch` will output the patches to the `psuh/
 directory, alongside the v1 patches. Using a single directory makes it easy to
 refer to the old v1 patches while proofreading the v2 patches, but you will need
 to be careful to send out only the v2 patches. We will use a pattern like
-"psuh/v2-*.patch" (not "psuh/*.patch", which would match v1 and v2 patches).
+`psuh/v2-*.patch` (not `psuh/*.patch`, which would match v1 and v2 patches).
 
 Edit your cover letter again. Now is a good time to mention what's different
 between your last version and now, if it's something significant. You do not

base-commit: 73876f4861cd3d187a4682290ab75c9dccadbc56
-- 
gitgitgadget