Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Document 'AUTO_MERGE' and more special refs

From: "Philippe Blain via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:58:33 +0000

This series adds documentation (and completion!) for AUTO_MERGE. In doing so
I noticed that some other special refs where not mentioned in 'gitrevisions'
nor suggested by the completion, so I also tried to improve that.

Since the changes are in the same parts of the same files, I thought it made
more sense to send everything in the same series to avoid conflicts, but I
can send the AUTO_MERGE patches on top of the other ones in a separate
series if that would be preferred.

Here is a breakdown of the patches. First the "other special refs" patches:

 * [PATCH 1/5] revisions.txt: document more special refs
 * [PATCH 2/5] completion: complete REVERT_HEAD and BISECT_HEAD

Then a preparatory cleanup for the AUTO_MERGE patches:

 * [PATCH 3/5] git-merge.txt: modernize word choice in "True merge" section

Finally the AUTO_MERGE patches:

 * [PATCH 4/5] Documentation: document AUTO_MERGE
 * [PATCH 5/5] completion: complete AUTO_MERGE

Thanks Elijah for this very useful feature! Dscho, I'm CC-ing you since you
opened https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/issues/1471, I hope that's OK.

Cheers,

Philippe.

Philippe Blain (5):
  revisions.txt: document more special refs
  completion: complete REVERT_HEAD and BISECT_HEAD
  git-merge.txt: modernize word choice in "True merge" section
  Documentation: document AUTO_MERGE
  completion: complete AUTO_MERGE

 Documentation/git-diff.txt             |  8 +++++++-
 Documentation/git-merge.txt            | 11 ++++++++---
 Documentation/revisions.txt            | 15 ++++++++++++--
 Documentation/user-manual.txt          | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  2 +-
 5 files changed, 56 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: a0f05f684010332ab3a706979d191b9157643f80
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1515%2Fphil-blain%2Fdoc-auto-merge-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1515/phil-blain/doc-auto-merge-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1515
-- 
gitgitgadget