Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Fix ORIG_HEAD behavior of the built-in rebase

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 07:27:44 -0800 (PST)

It was reported by Nazri Ramliy that ORIG_HEAD was set incorrectly again,
this time caused by the shortcut to call git am directly, without detouring
to a Unix shell script.

Patch 2/4 might look like something completely unrelated, but without it,
the update to HEAD might use an incorrect reflog message.

Patch 1/4 is more a "while at it" patch; while looking which code paths
might need to update ORIG_HEAD, I noticed that this reset_head() call did
unnecessary work.

Johannes Schindelin (4):
  built-in rebase: no need to check out `onto` twice
  built-in rebase: use the correct reflog when switching branches
  built-in rebase: demonstrate that ORIG_HEAD is not set correctly
  built-in rebase: set ORIG_HEAD just once, before the rebase

 builtin/rebase.c  | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 t/t3400-rebase.sh |  8 ++++++++
 2 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

base-commit: 21853626eac565dd42572d90724b29863f61eb3b
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-153%2Fdscho%2Frebase-am-and-orig-head-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-153/dscho/rebase-am-and-orig-head-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/153
-- 
gitgitgadget