Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix two rebase bugs related to total_nr

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 22:55:36 +0000

I recently picked up work where I regularly rebase large branch thickets
consisting of thousands of commits. During those rebases, I could not fail
to notice that the progress initially showed a total number around 2,100,
when the actual number of commands was more like 1,850. And indeed, when
resuming the rebase after being interrupted due to a break command or due to
a merge conflict, the progress showed the correct number!

So I set out to fix this, stumbling over an incorrect use of total_nr in the
--update-refs code, so I fixed that, too.

Note: These patches apply cleanly on top of ds/rebase-update-ref as well as
on top of the current main branch.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  rebase --update-refs: fix loops
  rebase -r: fix the total number shown in the progress

 sequencer.c              | 16 ++++++++++------
 t/t3430-rebase-merges.sh |  7 +++++++
 2 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4611884ea883908a9638cafbd824c401c41cf7f6
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1531%2Fdscho%2Ffix-rebase-i-progress-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1531/dscho/fix-rebase-i-progress-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1531
-- 
gitgitgadget