Subject: [PATCH 0/2] [RFC] for-each-ref: add --count-matches mode

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:09:55 +0000

I'm leaving this as an RFC for now because I can't decide if this new option
in git for-each-ref is good or if this needs an entirely new builtin. I'm
open to whatever people think is best, I'd just like a way to count matches
based on refspecs.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (2):
  for-each-ref: extract ref output loop
  for-each-ref: add --count-matches option

 Documentation/git-for-each-ref.txt |  5 ++
 builtin/for-each-ref.c             | 80 +++++++++++++++++++++---------
 ref-filter.c                       | 47 ++++++++++++++++++
 ref-filter.h                       |  7 +++
 t/perf/p1501-ref-iteration.sh      | 35 +++++++++++++
 t/t6300-for-each-ref.sh            | 28 +++++++++++
 6 files changed, 179 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/perf/p1501-ref-iteration.sh

base-commit: d7d8841f67f29e6ecbad85a11805c907d0f00d5d
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1548%2Fderrickstolee%2Ffor-each-ref-count-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1548/derrickstolee/for-each-ref-count-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1548
-- 
gitgitgadget