Subject: [PATCH 0/9] gitk: improve keyboard support

From: "Jens Lidestrom via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 14:41:15 +0000

It is often convenient to use the keyboard to navigate the gitk GUI and
there are keyboard shortcut bindings for many operations such as searching
and scrolling. There is however no keyboard binding for the most common
operations on branches and commits: Check out, reset, cherry-pick, create
and delete branches.

This PR adds keyboard bindings for these 5 commands. It also adjusts some
GUI focus defaults to simplify keyboard navigation.

Some refactoring of the command implementation has been necessary.
Originally the commands was using the mouse context menu to get info about
the head and commit to act on. When using keyboard binds this information
isn't available so instead the row that is selected in the GUI is used. By
adding procedures for doing this the PR lays the groundwork for more similar
keyboard binds in the future.

I'm including Paul Mackerras because he seems to be the maintainer of gitk.
Can you review, Paul?

Jens Lidestrom (9):
  gitk: add procedures to get commit info from selected row
  gitk: use term "current branch" in gui
  gitk: add keyboard bind for reset
  gitk: show branch name in reset dialog
  gitk: add keyboard bind for checkout
  gitk: add keyboard bind for create and remove branch
  gitk: add keyboard bind to cherry-pick
  gitk: focus ok button in reset dialog
  gitk: default select reset hard in dialog

 gitk-git/gitk | 132 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 1 file changed, 96 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

base-commit: 94486b6763c29144c60932829a65fec0597e17b3
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1551%2Fjensli%2Fkeyboard-for-gitk-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1551/jensli/keyboard-for-gitk-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1551
-- 
gitgitgadget