Subject: [PATCH 0/5] SubmittingPatches: clarify which branch to use

From: "Linus Arver via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 01:05:54 +0000

This series rewords the "base-branch" section to be more informative in
general to new contributors. The main motivation was to remove the phrase
"In general, always base your work on the oldest branch that your change is
relevant to" because it was somewhat misleading from the rest of the text.
Other smaller cleanups and improvements were made along the way.

Linus Arver (5):
  SubmittingPatches: reword awkward phrasing
  SubmittingPatches: be more explicit
  SubmittingPatches: discuss subsystems separately from git.git
  SubmittingPatches: remove confusing guidance about base branches
  SubmittingPatches: define topic branches

 Documentation/SubmittingPatches | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 23 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

base-commit: 061c58647eb4b3f0e2c898333577d4b2af115b1d
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1556%2Flistx%2Fdoc-submitting-patches-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1556/listx/doc-submitting-patches-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1556
-- 
gitgitgadget