Subject: [PATCH 0/3] scalar: two downstream improvements

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 15:12:14 +0000

While updating git-for-windows/git and microsoft/git for the 2.42.0 release
window, a few patches that we've been running in those forks for a while
came to light as something that would be beneficial to the core Git project.
Here are some that are focused on the 'scalar' command.

 * Patch 1 adds a --no-src option to scalar clone to appease users who want
   to use scalar but object to the creation of the src directory.
 * Patches 2 and 3 help when scalar reconfigure -a fails. Patch 2 is a
   possibly helpful change on its own for other uses in the future.

Thanks, -Stolee

Derrick Stolee (3):
  scalar: add --[no-]src option
  setup: add discover_git_directory_reason()
  scalar reconfigure: help users remove buggy repos

 Documentation/scalar.txt |  8 ++++-
 scalar.c                 | 67 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
 setup.c                  | 32 +++++++------------
 setup.h                  | 32 +++++++++++++++++--
 t/t9211-scalar-clone.sh  |  8 +++++
 5 files changed, 104 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)

base-commit: a82fb66fed250e16d3010c75404503bea3f0ab61
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1569%2Fderrickstolee%2Fscalar-no-src-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1569/derrickstolee/scalar-no-src-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1569
-- 
gitgitgadget