Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Deprecate git rebase --preserve-merges

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 02:00:55 -0800 (PST)

It had a good run, but its design was irreparably limited. So I came up with
a redesign:--rebase-merges. It seems to work all right, so now it is time to
start letting go of the previous design.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  rebase: deprecate --preserve-merges

 Documentation/config/branch.txt |  6 +++---
 Documentation/config/pull.txt   |  6 +++---
 Documentation/git-rebase.txt    | 23 ++++++++++++-----------
 builtin/rebase.c                |  8 ++++++--
 git-rebase--preserve-merges.sh  |  2 ++
 5 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

base-commit: 36eb1cb9cfe327583128a4b0abdf9516c2ca815b
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-158%2Fdscho%2Fdeprecate-rebase-p-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-158/dscho/deprecate-rebase-p-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/158
-- 
gitgitgadget