Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Switch links to https

From: "Josh Soref via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:13:43 +0000

There are a couple of categories of http links

 * links that are required to be http: because they're copied from something
   that mandates it (the apache license, xml namespaces, xsl docbook
   things?)
 * pages which exist at both http: and https: and can be safely switched
 * pages that have jittered a bit but are now available as https:
 * pages that have jittered a bit and are not available over https:
 * pages that are gone and for which the best source is
   https://web.archive.org
 * urls that were imaginary

In order:

 * doc: switch links to https -- the simplest
 * doc: update links to current pages -- I found the current pages for
   these, it should be easy enough to verify these / reject them
 * doc: update links for andre-simon.de -- I've split this out, I don't like
   the idea of having to download binaries over http. If this were my
   project, I'd be tempted to remove the feature or self-host w/ https...
 * doc: refer to internet archive -- the original urls are dead, I've found
   internet archive date links for them. (There are some in git already, so
   this seemed like a very reasonable choice.)

Josh Soref (4):
  doc: switch links to https
  doc: update links to current pages
  doc: update links for andre-simon.de
  doc: refer to internet archive

 Documentation/CodingGuidelines                       |  4 ++--
 Documentation/MyFirstContribution.txt                |  2 +-
 Documentation/RelNotes/1.6.2.txt                     |  2 +-
 Documentation/RelNotes/1.6.3.txt                     |  2 +-
 Documentation/RelNotes/1.6.4.txt                     |  2 +-
 Documentation/RelNotes/1.6.5.txt                     |  2 +-
 Documentation/RelNotes/1.6.6.txt                     |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-cvsimport.txt                      |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-format-patch.txt                   |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-imap-send.txt                      |  2 +-
 Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt                      |  4 ++--
 Documentation/git-send-email.txt                     |  2 +-
 Documentation/git.txt                                |  2 +-
 Documentation/gitcore-tutorial.txt                   |  6 +++---
 Documentation/gitprotocol-http.txt                   |  4 ++--
 Documentation/gitweb.conf.txt                        |  4 ++--
 Documentation/gitweb.txt                             |  2 +-
 .../howto/keep-canonical-history-correct.txt         |  2 +-
 Documentation/signoff-option.txt                     |  2 +-
 INSTALL                                              |  2 +-
 Makefile                                             |  4 ++--
 README.md                                            |  2 +-
 compat/nedmalloc/malloc.c.h                          | 12 ++++++------
 compat/obstack.c                                     |  2 +-
 compat/obstack.h                                     |  2 +-
 compat/poll/poll.c                                   |  2 +-
 compat/poll/poll.h                                   |  2 +-
 compat/precompose_utf8.h                             |  2 +-
 compat/regex/regcomp.c                               |  2 +-
 compat/regex/regex.c                                 |  2 +-
 compat/regex/regex.h                                 |  2 +-
 compat/regex/regex_internal.c                        |  2 +-
 compat/regex/regex_internal.h                        |  2 +-
 compat/regex/regexec.c                               |  2 +-
 compat/vcbuild/README                                | 10 +++++-----
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash               |  2 +-
 .../credential/libsecret/git-credential-libsecret.c  |  2 +-
 contrib/fast-import/import-directories.perl          |  2 +-
 contrib/hg-to-git/hg-to-git.py                       |  2 +-
 contrib/mw-to-git/t/test-gitmw-lib.sh                |  4 ++--
 contrib/persistent-https/LICENSE                     |  2 +-
 contrib/persistent-https/README                      |  4 ++--
 contrib/thunderbird-patch-inline/appp.sh             |  2 +-
 contrib/update-unicode/update_unicode.sh             |  6 +++---
 convert.c                                            |  2 +-
 ewah/bitmap.c                                        |  2 +-
 ewah/ewah_bitmap.c                                   |  2 +-
 ewah/ewah_io.c                                       |  2 +-
 ewah/ewah_rlw.c                                      |  2 +-
 ewah/ewok.h                                          |  4 ++--
 ewah/ewok_rlw.h                                      |  2 +-
 git-cvsimport.perl                                   |  2 +-
 git-gui/git-gui.sh                                   |  6 +++---
 git-gui/lib/encoding.tcl                             |  2 +-
 git-gui/po/README                                    |  2 +-
 git-instaweb.sh                                      |  4 ++--
 gitk-git/gitk                                        |  4 ++--
 gitweb/INSTALL                                       |  2 +-
 gitweb/gitweb.perl                                   | 12 ++++++------
 gitweb/static/gitweb.css                             |  2 +-
 gitweb/static/js/lib/common-lib.js                   | 10 +++++-----
 graph.h                                              |  4 ++--
 http.c                                               |  2 +-
 imap-send.c                                          |  4 ++--
 json-writer.h                                        |  4 ++--
 kwset.c                                              |  2 +-
 kwset.h                                              |  2 +-
 list.h                                               |  2 +-
 perl/FromCPAN/Error.pm                               |  2 +-
 perl/Git/SVN.pm                                      |  2 +-
 protocol.h                                           |  2 +-
 sh-i18n--envsubst.c                                  |  4 ++--
 sha1dc/sha1.c                                        |  2 +-
 t/README                                             |  4 ++--
 t/helper/test-regex.c                                |  2 +-
 t/lib-gpg.sh                                         |  2 +-
 t/perf/perf-lib.sh                                   |  2 +-
 t/t9114-git-svn-dcommit-merge.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t9801-git-p4-branch.sh                             |  2 +-
 t/t9816-git-p4-locked.sh                             |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-functions.sh                              |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-github-workflow-markup.sh                 |  2 +-
 t/test-lib-junit.sh                                  |  2 +-
 t/test-lib.sh                                        |  2 +-
 trace.c                                              |  2 +-
 utf8.c                                               |  2 +-
 utf8.h                                               |  6 +++---
 xdiff/xdiff.h                                        |  2 +-
 xdiff/xdiffi.c                                       |  2 +-
 xdiff/xdiffi.h                                       |  2 +-
 xdiff/xemit.c                                        |  2 +-
 xdiff/xemit.h                                        |  2 +-
 xdiff/xinclude.h                                     |  2 +-
 xdiff/xmacros.h                                      |  2 +-
 xdiff/xmerge.c                                       |  2 +-
 xdiff/xpatience.c                                    |  2 +-
 xdiff/xprepare.c                                     |  2 +-
 xdiff/xprepare.h                                     |  2 +-
 xdiff/xtypes.h                                       |  2 +-
 xdiff/xutils.c                                       |  2 +-
 xdiff/xutils.h                                       |  2 +-
 101 files changed, 144 insertions(+), 144 deletions(-)

base-commit: bda494f4043963b9ec9a1ecd4b19b7d1cd9a0518
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1589%2Fjsoref%2Fhttps-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1589/jsoref/https-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1589
-- 
gitgitgadget