Subject: [PATCH 0/2] stash: handle pathspec magic again

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 07:29:32 -0800 (PST)

It was reported in https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/2037 that 
git stash -- ':(glob)**/*.testextension is broken. The problem is not even
the stash operation itself, it happens when the git add part of dropping the
local changes is spawned: we simply passed the parsed pathspec instead of
the unparsed one.

While verifying the fix, I also realized that the escape hatch was seriously
broken by my "backport of the -q option": It introduced four bogus eval 
statements, which really need to be dropped.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  legacy stash: fix "rudimentary backport of -q"
  built-in stash: handle :(glob) pathspecs again

 builtin/stash.c                    | 5 +++--
 git-legacy-stash.sh                | 8 ++++----
 t/t3905-stash-include-untracked.sh | 6 ++++++
 3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7906af0cb84c8e65656347909abd4e22b04d1c1e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-159%2Fdscho%2Fstash-with-globs-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-159/dscho/stash-with-globs-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/159
-- 
gitgitgadget