Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Redact unsafe URLs in the Trace2 output

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:18:33 +0000

The Trace2 output can contain secrets when a user issues a Git command with
sensitive information in the command-line. A typical (if highly discouraged)
example is: git clone https://user:[email-masked]/.

With this PR, the Trace2 output redacts passwords in such URLs by default.

This series also includes a commit to temporarily disable leak checking on
t0210,t0211 because the tests uncover other unrelated bugs in Git.

These patches were integrated into Microsoft's fork of Git, as
https://github.com/microsoft/git/pull/616, and have been cooking there ever
since.

Jeff Hostetler (3):
  trace2: fix signature of trace2_def_param() macro
  t0211: test URL redacting in PERF format
  t0212: test URL redacting in EVENT format

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  trace2: redact passwords from https:// URLs by default

 t/helper/test-trace2.c   |  55 ++++++++++++++++++
 t/t0210-trace2-normal.sh |  20 ++++++-
 t/t0211-trace2-perf.sh   |  21 ++++++-
 t/t0212-trace2-event.sh  |  40 +++++++++++++
 trace2.c                 | 120 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 trace2.h                 |   4 +-
 6 files changed, 253 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 564d0252ca632e0264ed670534a51d18a689ef5d
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1616%2Fdscho%2Ftrace2-redact-credentials-in-https-urls-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1616/dscho/trace2-redact-credentials-in-https-urls-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1616
-- 
gitgitgadget