Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Allow difftool to be run outside of Git worktrees

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:20:13 -0700 (PDT)

It was reported in https://github.com/git-for-windows/git/issues/2123 that 
git difftool --no-index fails to work outside worktrees, even if it should
work.

I fear this is a regression I introduced over two years ago (!) when I
converted the Perl script to C.

At least now that I know about the bug, I can fix it.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  difftool: remove obsolete (and misleading) comment
  difftool: allow running outside Git worktrees with --no-index

 builtin/difftool.c  | 21 +++++++++++++++++----
 git.c               |  2 +-
 t/t7800-difftool.sh | 10 ++++++++++
 3 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

base-commit: e902e9bcae2010bc42648c80ab6adc6c5a16a4a5
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-163%2Fdscho%2Fdifftool-no-index-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-163/dscho/difftool-no-index-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/163
-- 
gitgitgadget