Subject: [PATCH 00/12] Group reffiles tests

From: "John Cai via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 19:52:23 +0000

This series groups REFFILES specific tests together. These tests are
currently grouped together across the test suite based on functionality.
However, since they exercise low-level behavior specific to the refs backend
being used (in these cases, the ref-files backend), group them together
based on which refs backend they test. This way, in the near future when the
reftables backend gets upstreamed we can add tests that exercise the
reftables backend close by in the t06xx area.

These patches also remove the REFFILES prerequisite, since all the tests in
t06xx are reffiles specific. In the near future, once the reftable backend
is upstreamed, all the tests in t06xx will be forced to run with the
reffiles backend.

John Cai (12):
  t3210: move to t0602
  remove REFFILES prerequisite
  t1414: convert test to use Git commands instead of writing refs
    manually
  t1404: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t1405: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t1406: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t1410: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t1415: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t1503: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t3903: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t4202: move reffiles specific tests to t0600
  t5312: move reffiles specific tests to t0600

 t/t0600-reffiles-backend.sh                   | 604 ++++++++++++++++++
 ...ck-refs.sh => t0602-reffiles-pack-refs.sh} |   0
 t/t1404-update-ref-errors.sh                  | 378 -----------
 t/t1405-main-ref-store.sh                     |  10 +-
 t/t1407-worktree-ref-store.sh                 |  37 --
 t/t1410-reflog.sh                             |  42 --
 t/t1414-reflog-walk.sh                        |  11 +-
 t/t1415-worktree-refs.sh                      |  11 -
 t/t1503-rev-parse-verify.sh                   |   5 -
 t/t2017-checkout-orphan.sh                    |   2 +-
 t/t3903-stash.sh                              |  43 --
 t/t4202-log.sh                                |  17 -
 t/t5312-prune-corruption.sh                   |  26 -
 t/test-lib-functions.sh                       |  16 +
 14 files changed, 628 insertions(+), 574 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t0600-reffiles-backend.sh
 rename t/{t3210-pack-refs.sh => t0602-reffiles-pack-refs.sh} (100%)

base-commit: 186b115d3062e6230ee296d1ddaa0c4b72a464b5
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1647%2Fjohn-cai%2Fjc%2Fgroup-reffiles-tests-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1647/john-cai/jc/group-reffiles-tests-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1647
-- 
gitgitgadget