Subject: [PATCH 0/3] multi-pack-index: fix verify on large repos

From: "Jeff Hostetler via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 07:29:55 -0700 (PDT)

Teach "multi-pack-index verify" to handle cases where the number of
packfiles exceeds the open file handle limit.

The first commit fixes a problem that prevented the LRU-style
close_one_pack() mechanism from working which caused midx verify to run out
of file descriptors.

The second commit teaches midx verify to sort the set of objects to verify
by packfile rather than verifying them in OID order. This eliminates the
need to have more than one packfile/idx open at the same time.

With the second commit, runtime on 3600 packfiles went from 12 minutes to 25
seconds.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeff Hostetler (3):
  midx: verify: add midx packfiles to the packed_git list
  midx: verify: group objects by packfile to speed up object
    verification
  trace2:data: add trace2 data to midx

 builtin/multi-pack-index.c |  3 ++
 midx.c                     | 60 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 packfile.c                 |  2 +-
 packfile.h                 |  2 ++
 4 files changed, 61 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

base-commit: e902e9bcae2010bc42648c80ab6adc6c5a16a4a5
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-166%2Fjeffhostetler%2Fupstream-midx-verify-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-166/jeffhostetler/upstream-midx-verify-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/166
-- 
gitgitgadget