Subject: [PATCH 0/5] completion: remove hardcoded config variable names

From: "Philippe Blain via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 20:02:48 +0000

This series removes hardcoded config variable names in the
__git_complete_config_variable_name function, partly by adding a new mode to
'git help'. It also adds completion for 'submodule.*' config variables,
which were previously missing.

I think it makes sense to do that in the same series since it's closely
related, and splitting it would result in textual conflicts between both
series if one does not build on top of the other, but I'm open to other
suggestions.

Thanks,

Philippe.

Philippe Blain (5):
  completion: add space after config variable names also in Bash 3
  completion: complete 'submodule.*' config variables
  completion: add and use
    __git_compute_first_level_config_vars_for_section
  builtin/help: add --config-all-for-completion
  completion: add an use
    __git_compute_second_level_config_vars_for_section

 builtin/help.c                         |  7 ++
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash | 90 +++++++++++++-------------
 t/t9902-completion.sh                  | 21 ++++++
 3 files changed, 74 insertions(+), 44 deletions(-)

base-commit: b50a608ba20348cb3dfc16a696816d51780e3f0f
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1660%2Fphil-blain%2Fcompletion-submodule-config-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1660/phil-blain/completion-submodule-config-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1660
-- 
gitgitgadget