Subject: [PATCH] doc: git.txt-Fix inconsistency param description

From: "秃头灯笼鱼 via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 11:51:06 +0000

From: =?UTF-8?q?=E7=A7=83=E5=A4=B4=E7=81=AF=E7=AC=BC=E9=B1=BC?=
 <[email-masked]>

Signed-off-by: 秃头灯笼鱼 <[email-masked]>
---
    Fix the inconsistency in the description of the namespace option's
    parameter
    
    Since the parameter of the --namespace option can contain path
    separators \ and can be correctly parsed, I believe that
    --namespace=<name> in the SYNOPSIS section should be changed to
    --namespace=<path> to match the description in the OPTIONS section.

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1669%2Fttdly%2Fdoc%2Fgit.txt-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1669/ttdly/doc/git.txt-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1669

 Documentation/git.txt | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git.txt b/Documentation/git.txt
index 0d25224c969..eee277495bd 100644
--- a/Documentation/git.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git.txt
@@ -12,7 +12,7 @@ SYNOPSIS
 'git' [-v | --version] [-h | --help] [-C <path>] [-c <name>=<value>]
     [--exec-path[=<path>]] [--html-path] [--man-path] [--info-path]
     [-p|--paginate|-P|--no-pager] [--no-replace-objects] [--bare]
-    [--git-dir=<path>] [--work-tree=<path>] [--namespace=<name>]
+    [--git-dir=<path>] [--work-tree=<path>] [--namespace=<path>]
     [--config-env=<name>=<envvar>] <command> [<args>]
 
 DESCRIPTION

base-commit: 5216f8f5c4089ec29ce49afa147434c23e0f0163
-- 
gitgitgadget