Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Do not use abbreviated options in tests

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 11:14:17 -0700 (PDT)

We do not want to have tests that need to be changed by completely unrelated
patch series, just because abbreviations that used to be unique are being
made non-unique by said patch series.

I stumbled over this while investigating the test failures in
dl/rebase-i-keep-base
[https://dev.azure.com/gitgitgadget/git/_build/results?buildId=5482&view=ms.vss-test-web.build-test-results-tab]
: the new --keep-base option makes the --keep abbreviation of --keep-empty 
in t5407 non-unique, which causes the test suite to fail.

Johannes Schindelin (8):
  tests (rebase): spell out the `--keep-empty` option
  tests (rebase): spell out the `--force-rebase` option
  t7810: do not abbreviate `--no-exclude-standard` nor `--invert-match`
  t5531: avoid using an abbreviated option
  tests (push): do not abbreviate the `--follow-tags` option
  tests (status): spell out the `--find-renames` option in full
  tests (pack-objects): use the full, unabbreviated `--revs` option
  tests: disallow the use of abbreviated options (by default)

 parse-options.c                        |  9 ++++++
 t/README                               |  4 +++
 t/t0040-parse-options.sh               |  7 +++-
 t/t3415-rebase-autosquash.sh           |  2 +-
 t/t3430-rebase-merges.sh               |  4 +--
 t/t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh | 44 +++++++++++++-------------
 t/t5407-post-rewrite-hook.sh           |  4 +--
 t/t5516-fetch-push.sh                  |  4 +--
 t/t5531-deep-submodule-push.sh         |  2 +-
 t/t7525-status-rename.sh               |  8 ++---
 t/t7810-grep.sh                        | 16 +++++-----
 t/test-lib.sh                          |  6 ++++
 12 files changed, 67 insertions(+), 43 deletions(-)

base-commit: 041f5ea1cf987a4068ef5f39ba0a09be85952064
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-167%2Fdscho%2Fdisallow-abbreviated-options-in-tests-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-167/dscho/disallow-abbreviated-options-in-tests-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/167
-- 
gitgitgadget