Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Assorted Documentation-related fixes

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 05:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

While working on better support for make check-docs on Windows, I noticed a
couple more things, e.g. some "commands" were reported as being listed but
not built, e.g. gitcli (i.e. the parts of command-list.txt that are marked
as "guide").

This patch series cleans up those loose ends: after this, make check-docs 
reports no issues on Windows.

Johannes Schindelin (7):
  remote-testgit: move it into the support directory for t5801
  help -a: do not list commands that are excluded from the build
  check-docs: do not pretend that commands are listed which are excluded
  docs: exclude documentation for commands that have been excluded
  check-docs: do not bother checking for legacy scripts' documentation
  test-tool: handle the `-C <directory>` option just like `git`
  Turn `git serve` into a test helper

 .gitignore                                    |  1 -
 Documentation/.gitignore                      |  1 +
 Documentation/Makefile                        |  3 +
 Makefile                                      | 58 +++++++++++--------
 builtin.h                                     |  1 -
 generate-cmdlist.sh                           | 10 +++-
 git.c                                         |  1 -
 builtin/serve.c => t/helper/test-serve-v2.c   |  7 ++-
 t/helper/test-tool.c                          | 20 +++++++
 t/helper/test-tool.h                          |  1 +
 t/t5701-git-serve.sh                          | 32 +++++-----
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh                        |  5 +-
 t/t5703-upload-pack-ref-in-want.sh            | 16 ++---
 t/t5801-remote-helpers.sh                     |  2 +
 .../t5801/git-remote-testgit                  |  0
 15 files changed, 104 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)
 rename builtin/serve.c => t/helper/test-serve-v2.c (81%)
 rename git-remote-testgit.sh => t/t5801/git-remote-testgit (100%)

base-commit: 5ee42463399ca3cc75b7e6e4368a3a5df5b010f2
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-168%2Fdscho%2Fdocs-misc-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-168/dscho/docs-misc-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/168
-- 
gitgitgadget