Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Unify trailer formatting functions

From: "Linus Arver via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 06:55:00 +0000

This series is based on the initial series [1], notably the v4 version of
patches 10-16 as suggested by Christian [2]. This version addresses the
review comments for those patches, namely the avoidance of (temporary) test
breakages.

The central idea is to unify the functions format_trailer_info() and
format_trailers() together (preferring the name of the latter), so that both
the interpret-trailers built-in and format_trailers_from_commit() can call
the same format_trailers() function, while maintaining feature parity.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2]
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Linus Arver (5):
  format_trailer_info(): use trailer_item objects
  format_trailer_info(): drop redundant unfold_value()
  format_trailer_info(): append newline for non-trailer lines
  trailer: begin formatting unification
  trailer: finish formatting unification

 trailer.c | 81 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------------------
 trailer.h | 13 +++------
 2 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4f9b731bdeccffa1b13e5edf4bc0428b8d49704e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1694%2Flistx%2Ftrailer-api-part-2-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1694/listx/trailer-api-part-2-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1694
-- 
gitgitgadget