Subject: [PATCH] fetch: return when parsing submodule.recurse

From: "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2024 02:52:22 +0000

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>

When parsing config keys, the normal pattern is to return 0 after
completing the logic for a specific config key, since no other key will
match. One instance, for "submodule.recurse", was missing this case in
builtin/fetch.c.

This is a very minor change, and will have minimal impact to
performance. This particular block was edited recently in 56e8bb4fb4
(fetch: use `fetch_config` to store "fetch.recurseSubmodules" value,
2023-05-17), which led to some hesitation that perhaps this omission was
on purpose.

However, no later cases within git_fetch_config() will match the key if
equal to "submodule.recurse" and neither will any key matches within the
catch-all git_default_config().

Signed-off-by: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
---
    fetch: return when parsing submodule.recurse
    
    This is a super-nit that I noticed when looking into this config setting
    and couldn't help but try to fix.

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1709%2Fderrickstolee%2Ffetch-config-parse-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1709/derrickstolee/fetch-config-parse-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1709

 builtin/fetch.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/builtin/fetch.c b/builtin/fetch.c
index 46a793411a4..5857d860dbf 100644
--- a/builtin/fetch.c
+++ b/builtin/fetch.c
@@ -138,6 +138,7 @@ static int git_fetch_config(const char *k, const char *v,
 		int r = git_config_bool(k, v) ?
 			RECURSE_SUBMODULES_ON : RECURSE_SUBMODULES_OFF;
 		fetch_config->recurse_submodules = r;
+		return 0;
 	}
 
 	if (!strcmp(k, "submodule.fetchjobs")) {

base-commit: 7774cfed6261ce2900c84e55906da708c711d601
-- 
gitgitgadget