Subject: [PATCH 0/8] build-in add -i: implement all commands in the main loop

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 12:36:14 +0000

Based on the js/builtin-add-i branch, this patch series implements the rest
of the commands in git add -i's main loop: update, revert, add_untracked, 
patch, diff, and quit. Apart from quit, these commands are all very similar
in that they first build a list of files, display it, let the user choose
which ones to act on, and then perform the action.

Note that the patch command is not actually converted to C, not completely
at least: the built-in version simply hands off to git add--interactive 
after letting the user select which files to act on.

The reason for this omission is practicality. Out of the 1,800+ lines of 
git-add--interactive.perl, over a thousand deal just with the git add -p 
part. I did convert that functionality already (to be contributed in a
separate patch series, see https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/173),
discovering that there is so little overlap between the git add --patch part
and the rest of git add --interactive that I could put the former into a
totally different file: add-patch.c.

Johannes Schindelin (8):
  built-in add -i: allow filtering the modified files list
  built-in add -i: prepare for multi-selection commands
  built-in add -i: implement the `update` command
  built-in add -i: re-implement `revert` in C
  built-in add -i: re-implement `add-untracked` in C
  built-in add -i: implement the `patch` command
  built-in add -i: re-implement the `diff` command
  built-in add -i: offer the `quit` command

 add-interactive.c | 608 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 553 insertions(+), 55 deletions(-)

base-commit: 2b5d5c1524d62add395da2b0ef50bbbe342362e4
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-171%2Fdscho%2Fadd-i-in-c-all-except-patch-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-171/dscho/add-i-in-c-all-except-patch-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/171
-- 
gitgitgadget