Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Use a "best effort" strategy in scheduled maintenance

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:28:53 +0000

Over in https://github.com/microsoft/git/issues/623, it was pointed out that
scheduled maintenance will error out when it encounters a missing
repository. The scheduled maintenance should exit with an error, all right,
but what about the remaining repositories for which maintenance was
scheduled, and that may not be missing?

This patch series addresses this by introducing a new for-each-repo option
and then using it in the command that is run via scheduled maintenance.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  for-each-repo: optionally keep going on an error
  maintenance: running maintenance should not stop on errors

 Documentation/git-for-each-repo.txt |  4 ++++
 builtin/for-each-repo.c             |  8 ++++++--
 builtin/gc.c                        |  7 ++++---
 t/t0068-for-each-repo.sh            | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 t/t7900-maintenance.sh              |  6 +++---
 5 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

base-commit: 3c2a3fdc388747b9eaf4a4a4f2035c1c9ddb26d0
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1719%2Fdscho%2Ffor-each-repo-stop-on-error-2.44-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1719/dscho/for-each-repo-stop-on-error-2.44-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1719
-- 
gitgitgadget