Subject: [PATCH 0/2] git-svn: use svn:global-ignores when creating .gitignores

From: "Alex Galvin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2024 19:57:43 +0000

Git-SVN does not currently use the svn:global-ignores property added in
Subversion 1.8 when showing or creating .gitignore files. This causes
Git-SVN to track files that are ignored by this directive in Subversion.

The following patches add svn:global-ignores to the list of public svn
properties, and update git svn show-ignore and git svn create-ignore to use
this attribute (as well as svn:ignore).

Alex Galvin (2):
  git-svn: add public property `svn:global-ignores`
  git-svn: use `svn:global-ignores` to create .gitignore

 git-svn.perl    | 45 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 perl/Git/SVN.pm |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

base-commit: c2b3f2b3cdbf5ad9feb978dd367d77561a1271f7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1747%2Fav-gal%2Fgit-svn-global-ignores-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1747/av-gal/git-svn-global-ignores-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1747
-- 
gitgitgadget