Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Small fixes for issues detected during internal CI runs

From: "Kyle Lippincott via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2024 04:10:50 +0000

I'm attempting to get the git test suite running automatically during our
weekly import. I have this mostly working, including with Address Sanitizer
and Memory Sanitizer, but ran into a few issues:

 * several tests were failing due to strbuf_getcwd not clearing errno on
   success after it internally looped due to the path being >128 bytes. This
   is resolved in depth; though either one of the commits alone would
   resolve our issues:
   * modify locations that call strtoX and check for ERANGE to set errno =
     0; prior to calling the conversion function. This is the typical way
     that these functions are invoked, and may indicate that we want
     compatibility helpers in git-compat-util.h to ensure that this happens
     correctly (and add these functions to the banned list).
   * have strbuf_getcwd set errno = 0; prior to a successful exit. This
     isn't very common for most functions in the codebase, but some other
     examples of this were found.
 * t6421-merge-partial-clone.sh had >10% flakiness. This is due to our build
   system using paths that contain a 64-hex-char hash, which had a 12.5%
   chance of containing the substring d0.

Kyle Lippincott (3):
  set errno=0 before strtoX calls
  strbuf: set errno to 0 after strbuf_getcwd
  t6421: fix test to work when repo dir contains d0

 builtin/get-tar-commit-id.c    | 1 +
 ref-filter.c                   | 1 +
 strbuf.c                       | 1 +
 t/helper/test-json-writer.c    | 2 ++
 t/helper/test-trace2.c         | 1 +
 t/t6421-merge-partial-clone.sh | 6 +++---
 6 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: e559c4bf1a306cf5814418d318cc0fea070da3c7
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1756%2Fspectral54%2Fstrbuf_getcwd-clear-errno-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1756/spectral54/strbuf_getcwd-clear-errno-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1756
-- 
gitgitgadget