Subject: [PATCH 0/3] doc: introducing synopsis para

From: "Jean-Noël Avila via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 22:44:37 +0000

Following several issues with the way the formatting of synopsis is done in
the manpages that were recently reworked, this patch series introduces the
processing of a new custom paragraph attribute 'synopsis'.

This extension is added to asciidoc and asciidoctor and lets write the
synopsis of the commands without any typeset. The git-init and git-clone
manpages are converted to this new system.

Jean-Noël Avila (3):
  doc: introduce a synopsis custom paragraph attribute
  doc: update the guidelines to reflect the current formatting rules
  doc: apply synopsis simplification on git-clone and git-init

 Documentation/CodingGuidelines          | 34 ++++++++++++++-----------
 Documentation/asciidoc.conf             | 14 ++++++++++
 Documentation/asciidoctor-extensions.rb | 17 +++++++++++++
 Documentation/git-clone.txt             | 20 +++++++--------
 Documentation/git-init.txt              | 12 ++++-----
 t/t0450-txt-doc-vs-help.sh              |  7 ++---
 6 files changed, 68 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

base-commit: a7dae3bdc8b516d36f630b12bb01e853a667e0d9
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1766%2Fjnavila%2Fdoc_synopsis_para-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1766/jnavila/doc_synopsis_para-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1766
-- 
gitgitgadget