Subject: [PATCH] http: do not ignore proxy path

From: "Ryan Hendrickson via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 15:52:50 +0000

From: Ryan Hendrickson <[email-masked]>

The documentation for `http.proxy` describes that option, and the
environment variables it overrides, as supporting "the syntax understood
by curl". curl allows SOCKS proxies to use a path to a Unix domain
socket, like `socks5h://localhost/path/to/socket.sock`. Git should
therefore include, if present, the path part of the proxy URL in what it
passes to libcurl.

Signed-off-by: Ryan Hendrickson <[email-masked]>
---
    http: do not ignore proxy path
    
     * Documentation: do I need to add anything?
     * Tests: I could use a pointer on how best to add a test for this.
       Adding a case to t5564-http-proxy.sh seems straightforward but I
       don't think httpd can be configured to listen to domain sockets; can
       I use netcat?

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1767%2Frhendric%2Frhendric%2Fhttp-proxy-path-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1767/rhendric/rhendric/http-proxy-path-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1767

 http.c | 8 +++++++-
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/http.c b/http.c
index 623ed234891..0cd75986a6b 100644
--- a/http.c
+++ b/http.c
@@ -1265,7 +1265,13 @@ static CURL *get_curl_handle(void)
 		if (!proxy_auth.host)
 			die("Invalid proxy URL '%s'", curl_http_proxy);
 
-		curl_easy_setopt(result, CURLOPT_PROXY, proxy_auth.host);
+		if (proxy_auth.path) {
+			struct strbuf proxy = STRBUF_INIT;
+			strbuf_addf(&proxy, "%s/%s", proxy_auth.host, proxy_auth.path);
+			curl_easy_setopt(result, CURLOPT_PROXY, proxy.buf);
+			strbuf_release(&proxy);
+		} else
+			curl_easy_setopt(result, CURLOPT_PROXY, proxy_auth.host);
 		var_override(&curl_no_proxy, getenv("NO_PROXY"));
 		var_override(&curl_no_proxy, getenv("no_proxy"));
 		curl_easy_setopt(result, CURLOPT_NOPROXY, curl_no_proxy);

base-commit: ad57f148c6b5f8735b62238dda8f571c582e0e54
-- 
gitgitgadget