Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Support server option from configuration

From: "blanet via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2024 12:13:52 +0000

Currently, server options for Git protocol v2 can only be specified via the
command line option "--server-option ", which is inconvenient for users who
want to specify a list of default options.

This patch series introduces a new multi-valued configuration,
fetch.serverOption, to specify default server options. Designed similarly to
push.pushOption:

 1. Server options set in lower-priority configuration files (e.g.,
    /etc/gitconfig or $HOME/.gitconfig) can be overridden or unset in more
    specific repository configurations using an empty string.
 2. Command-line specified server options take precedence over those from
    the configuration.

All commands involving server options, including git-fetch, git-clone,
git-ls-remote, and git-pull, have been updated to recognize the new
configuration.

Xing Xin (4):
  transport: add parse_transport_option() method
  builtin/fetch.c: add fetch.serverOption configuration
  builtin/clone.c: recognize fetch.serverOption configuration
  builtin/ls-remote.c: recognize fetch.serverOption configuration

 Documentation/config/fetch.txt  | 29 ++++++++++
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt |  3 ++
 Documentation/git-clone.txt     |  3 ++
 Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt |  3 ++
 builtin/clone.c                 | 22 +++++---
 builtin/fetch.c                 | 31 ++++++++---
 builtin/ls-remote.c             | 32 ++++++++++--
 builtin/push.c                  |  6 +--
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh          | 93 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 transport.c                     |  8 +++
 transport.h                     |  3 ++
 11 files changed, 196 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4590f2e9412378c61eac95966709c78766d326ba
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1776%2Fblanet%2Fxx%2Fadd-server-option-from-config-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1776/blanet/xx/add-server-option-from-config-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1776
-- 
gitgitgadget