Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Fix an off-by-one bug in the untracked cache code

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 05:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

Frankly, I am surprised it took me this long to discover this bug, as I am
running with the untracked cache for ages now.

But as of recent, I am running more and more long-running commands, mostly
rebases to keep what I call "ever-green" branches up to date, where Git for
Windows' patch thicket is rebased onto core Git's four integration branches,
and when there are no merge conflicts to stop the rebase early, I got this
really obscure crash (no error message, no nothing to indicate what it was).

It cost me two full work days to chase this one down.

Johannes Schindelin (1):
  untracked cache: fix off-by-one

 dir.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: e35b8cb8e212e3557efc565157ceb5cbaaf0d87f
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-178%2Fdscho%2Funtracked-cache-off-by-one-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-178/dscho/untracked-cache-off-by-one-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/178
-- 
gitgitgadget