Subject: [PATCH 0/4] remote: branch setting fixes

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 15:18:33 +0000

This series fixes some rough edges when setting remote tracking branches
with "git remote set-branches" or "git remote add -t". Han Jiang reported
that if there is no fetch refspec set for a remote then "git remote
set-branches" silently fails. While investigating that I noticed that the
code does not check that the branch names are syntactically valid refnames
and so can create invalid refspecs. This series fixes both issues.

Phillip Wood (4):
  remote: fix set-branches when no branches are set
  remote: print an error if refspec cannot be removed
  remote add: use strvec to store tracking branches
  remote: check branch names

 builtin/remote.c  | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 t/t5505-remote.sh | 42 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 2 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 4590f2e9412378c61eac95966709c78766d326ba
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1789%2Fphillipwood%2Fremote-set-branches-missing-fetch-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1789/phillipwood/remote-set-branches-missing-fetch-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1789
-- 
gitgitgadget