Subject: [PATCH 0/5] git-mergetool: improve error code paths and messages

From: "Philippe Blain via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 00:52:03 +0000

These are a few improvements to improve existing error messages in 'git
mergetool', and make sure that errors are not quiet, along with a small
completion update in 1/1.

Philippe Blain (5):
  completion: complete '--tool-help' in 'git mergetool'
  git-mergetool--lib.sh: use TOOL_MODE when erroring about unknown tool
  git-mergetool--lib.sh: add error message in 'setup_user_tool'
  git-mergetool--lib.sh: add error message for unknown tool variant
  git-difftool--helper.sh: exit upon initialize_merge_tool errors

 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |  2 +-
 git-difftool--helper.sh                |  8 ++------
 git-mergetool--lib.sh                  | 13 +++++++++----
 t/t7610-mergetool.sh                   |  8 ++++++++
 4 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

base-commit: b31fb630c0fc6869a33ed717163e8a1210460d94
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1827%2Fphil-blain%2Fabsent-mergetool-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1827/phil-blain/absent-mergetool-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1827
-- 
gitgitgadget