Subject: [PATCH 0/1] p4: fix "Not a valid object name HEAD0" when unshelving

From: "Mike Mueller via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 08:33:04 -0700 (PDT)

git p4 unshelve was failing with "fatal: Not a valid object name HEAD0" and
"Command failed: git cat-file commit HEAD^0" on certain systems e.g. git
version 2.21.0.windows.1 + python 2.7.16

It seems that certain python pOpen implementations drop the ^ character when
invoked using a string instead of an array as first argument, which is what
is done by extractLogMessageFromGitCommit.

Solution is to use the array format of passing the command to fOpen, which
is preferred (see https://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html) and is
used in other parts of this code anyway.

Mike Mueller (1):
  p4 unshelve: fix "Not a valid object name HEAD0"

 git-p4.py | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: aeb582a98374c094361cba1bd756dc6307432c42
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-183%2Fmdymike%2Fmaint-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-183/mdymike/maint-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/183
-- 
gitgitgadget