Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] docs: discuss caching personal access tokens

From: "M Hickford via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2025 22:54:35 +0000

CC: [email-masked] CC: [email-masked] CC:
[email-masked] CC: [email-masked] CC: [email-masked] cc:
[email-masked]

Patch v2 adds a list of popular credential helpers.

M Hickford (2):
  docs: list popular credential helpers
  docs: discuss caching personal access tokens

 Documentation/git-credential-cache.txt | 17 +++++++++++
 Documentation/gitcredentials.txt       | 41 ++++++++++++++++++--------
 2 files changed, 46 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

base-commit: 14650065b76b28d3cfa9453356ac5669b19e706e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1851%2Fhickford%2Fcache-pat-docs-v2
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1851/hickford/cache-pat-docs-v2
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1851

Range-diff vs v1:

 -:  ----------- > 1:  097eb0e8776 docs: list popular credential helpers
 1:  1980f6a5aa7 ! 2:  ac8c5e1b552 docs: discuss caching personal access tokens
     @@ Documentation/git-credential-cache.txt: variable (this example increases the cac
      +To avoid frequently regenerating personal access tokens, configure a
      +credential helper with persistent storage. Alternatively, configure an
      +OAuth credential helper to generate credentials automatically. See
     -+linkgit:gitcredentials[7].
     ++linkgit:gitcredentials[7], sections "Available helpers" and "OAuth".
      +
       GIT
       ---

-- 
gitgitgadget