Subject: [PATCH] docs: indicate http.sslCertType and sslKeyType

From: "Andrew Carter via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 00:16:06 +0000

From: Andrew Carter <[email-masked]>

These useful config options were added in 0a01d41ee4c but lacked
documentation.

Signed-off-by: Andrew Carter <[email-masked]>
---
    document http.sslCertType and sslKeyType

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1854%2Fplentydone%2Fcurl-cert-options-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1854/plentydone/curl-cert-options-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1854

 Documentation/config/http.txt | 12 ++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/config/http.txt b/Documentation/config/http.txt
index a14371b5c96..cd39e182527 100644
--- a/Documentation/config/http.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config/http.txt
@@ -216,6 +216,18 @@ http.sslBackend::
 	This option is ignored if cURL lacks support for choosing the SSL
 	backend at runtime.
 
+http.sslCertType::
+	Type of client certificate used when fetching or pushing over HTTPS.
+	(e.g. "PEM", "DER", or "P12"). See also libcurl `CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE`
+	Can be overridden by the `GIT_SSL_CERT_TYPE` environment variable.
+
+http.sslKeyType::
+	Type of client private key used when fetching or pushing over HTTPS.
+	(e.g. "PEM", "DER", or "ENG"). Particularly useful when set to "ENG"
+	for authenticating with PKCS#11 tokens. See also libcurl
+	`CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE` . Can be overridden by the `GIT_SSL_KEY_TYPE`
+	environment variable.
+
 http.schannelCheckRevoke::
 	Used to enforce or disable certificate revocation checks in cURL
 	when http.sslBackend is set to "schannel". Defaults to `true` if

base-commit: 4e746b1a31f9f0036032b6f94279cf16fb363203
-- 
gitgitgadget