Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Small new merge-ort features, prepping for deletion of merge-recursive.[ch]

From: "Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 15:48:39 +0000

I've got 19 patches covering the work needed to prep for and allow us to
delete merge-recursive.[ch], and remap 'recursive' to 'ort', including some
clean-up along the way. I've tried to divide it up into five smaller patch
series.

These 3 patches are the first of those series, and each of these 3 patches
provide a small new feature that together will be used to allow us to
convert some callers over from recursive to ort. If the third patch,
introducing merge_ort_generic(), doesn't make sense to submit without one of
its new callers, I can extend this series to 6 patches and include the
conversion of git-am.sh.

Elijah Newren (3):
  merge-ort: add new merge_ort_generic() function
  merge-ort: allow rename detection to be disabled
  merge-ort: support having merge verbosity be set to 0

 Documentation/merge-strategies.adoc | 12 +++---
 merge-ort-wrappers.c                | 64 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 merge-ort-wrappers.h                | 12 ++++++
 merge-ort.c                         | 24 ++++++++---
 merge-ort.h                         |  5 +++
 5 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

base-commit: a36e024e989f4d35f35987a60e3af8022cac3420
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1875%2Fnewren%2Fendit-new-features-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1875/newren/endit-new-features-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1875
-- 
gitgitgadget