Subject: [PATCH 0/2] mingw: special-case administrators even more

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2025 10:38:28 +0000

On Windows, a file created by a process running in elevated mode is owned by
the Administrators group (not by the user's account who would otherwise be
able to modify or delete the file in non-elevated mode). Let's adjust the
"safe directory" feature accordingly.

Naturally, this patch series does not add a regression test (because it
can't, you cannot automate elevating processes).

This patch series is a companion of
https://github.com/microsoft/git/pull/712.

Johannes Schindelin (2):
  mingw: special-case administrators even more
  test-tool path-utils: support debugging "dubious ownership" issues

 compat/mingw.c             | 39 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 t/helper/test-path-utils.c | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

base-commit: 683c54c999c301c2cd6f715c411407c413b1d84e
Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1893%2Fdscho%2Fadmins-are-admins-on-windows-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1893/dscho/admins-are-admins-on-windows-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1893
-- 
gitgitgadget