Subject: [PATCH] merge-file doc: set conflict-marker-size attribute

From: "Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 14:45:40 +0000

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>

When committing a conflict resolution for a merge containing
1f010d6bdf7 (doc: use .adoc extension for AsciiDoc files, 2025-01-20)
my pre-commit hook failed because "git diff --check" thought there was
a left over conflict marker in "merge-file.adoc". Fix this by setting
the "conflict-marker-size" attribute as we do for all the other
documentation files that contain example conflict markers.

Signed-off-by: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
---
    merge-file doc: set conflict-marker-size attribute
    
    Grepping around I can't find any other files with conflict markers
    without this attribute set. (If there were I think my pre-commit hook
    would have complained about them as well)

Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-1895%2Fphillipwood%2Fmerge-file-doc-attributes-v1
Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-1895/phillipwood/merge-file-doc-attributes-v1
Pull-Request: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/1895

 .gitattributes | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/.gitattributes b/.gitattributes
index c6a0b35116f..32583149c2f 100644
--- a/.gitattributes
+++ b/.gitattributes
@@ -13,6 +13,7 @@ CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md -whitespace
 /mergetools/* text eol=lf
 /t/oid-info/* text eol=lf
 /Documentation/git-merge.adoc conflict-marker-size=32
+/Documentation/git-merge-file.adoc conflict-marker-size=32
 /Documentation/gitk.adoc conflict-marker-size=32
 /Documentation/user-manual.adoc conflict-marker-size=32
 /t/t????-*.sh conflict-marker-size=32

base-commit: a36e024e989f4d35f35987a60e3af8022cac3420
-- 
gitgitgadget